For dentists who are trying to get the word out about their practice, implementing the right marketing techniques is key. For long-term success, new patients will be required. And the only way to attract them is through the right marketing efforts. When new patients are choosing a dentist, they are going to take a few factors into account. These will include the obvious such as expertise, location, affordability, family services, and so on. But they will also consider the appeal of the dentist’s marketing efforts, especially those that are done online. Here are a couple of suggestions on how to spread the word about a dentist’s services and experience through online mediums.
Today’s customers and patients spend a great deal of their time online. They make many important life decisions regarding the products and services they use and much of this helpful information is presented to them in digital formats. This is known as online marketing, also referred to as digital marketing. Digital marketing is a modern approach to promoting a dentist’s services through internet-based technologies. This kind of marketing can include many different content marketing approaches such as a well-designed website, blog posts, e-books, white papers, helpful explainer videos and a number of other ways in which to connect with an audience online. Here are a few helpful tips related to online marketing:
- Make sure the dentist’s website is search engine optimized (SEO friendly). SEO is the strategic use of the right key words and phrases that help a dentist’s website rank highly in search engine results. When local people visit a search engine like Google they may type in a phrase akin to “dentist near me” for example. When the search engine returns results, only those dentists that have listed their related locations will appear. The goal of SEO is to rank the dentist’s website as near to the top of the list as possible. This increases the likelihood that the person will actually click on the link to visit the dentist’s website.
- Post high-quality videos that can showcase the office location or that include the dentist’s explanations of routine procedures. Studies have proven that videos, instead of simple text, are very convincing marketing tactics that can convert passive online viewers into real patients who make appointments with the dentist. Try posting a high-quality video on the practice’s website to boost conversion.
- Use call to actions throughout web material. Whether on a standard website page or on a blog page, a call to action is a statement that will encourage the potential patient to take action such as reaching out to the dentist for more information. Example call to actions could include: “Call us today” or “Contact us Now”. Such statements are not overly sales oriented in nature and they give the patient a gentle coax in the right direction.
The Power of Social Media Marketing
Engage the online community with compelling social media posts. Platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube are just some of the most popular areas where potential patients are searching for their next dentist. Social media can help to let people know about a dentist’s service offerings, their deals, or even projects they are working on around the office. In short, social media helps to put an online face on the practice. For instance, people like a dentist they can relate to and social media can help with this endeavor. Here are few helpful tips for using social media as a promotional tool:
- First, try saying hello. While this may seem like a radical idea, communication is key when it comes to social networks and relationship building. One of the best ways to do this is to start conversations with people on social media—get to know them and at the same time give them an opportunity to get to know the dental practice better.
- Focus on improving the image of the dentist’s brand in the mind of social media followers. A memorable brand will help the dentist stand out from the crowd of competition. A reputable brand can further help the dentist get their name out there and people will equate the brand with good standing within the community if it is positioned right on social media accounts. From a recognizable logo to the tone of voice used in content, a good brand will speak for itself in the online world.
- Also promote special offers. Most customers will appreciate a good deal. Try offering special discounts on social media to attract new patients. For example, offer free cleanings or other discounts for those who pay in advance. Such techniques will help the dentist differentiate themselves and these messages can easily be shared with others in the prospect’s network who also may be interested in these deals.
Understanding some of these basic online marketing concepts is an important first step towards expanding a dentist’s business. The good news is a dentist does not have to do any of this alone. There are many hardworking professionals who understand the ins and outs of online content marketing for dentists. Contact a professional team today that can make a convincing argument to patients who are choosing a dentist. Concentrate on what’s most important—giving patients better, healthier smiles.